Thursday, June 11, 2009

10-day!

I spent our 10-day spring break in Ireland and Spain. Conveniently , I actually knew the languages in each of these countries (though of course Spanish was a little shaky). I was in a group with five other girls in Ireland where we started and we spent a couple days in Dublin and couple days in Galway. It was really neat to hear the Irish accent everywhere and some people still speak Gaelic, which is even better. The people in Ireland were really nice, which was a great help for us as we found the bus system very confusing. The only unpleasant thing was that I had to carry a rather heavy bag for long stretches at some points as the place where we were staying in Dublin was far from the city center.

I definitely preferred Galway to Dublin. We saw a lot of the countryside in Galway and took a trip to a nearby waterfall.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment